
You'll have to pardon my spelling errors. While I haven't noticed them as I don't go back and read my posts often, Martha says she's read my recent posts and noted that my spelling is really bad. I apologize. The fact is that I'm trying to type freely without thinking about spelling as much as thinking about what I'm going to write. Kind of like a free write in school. Wow, that took me back to grade school. Something I forgot to write about earlier is that Maddy, my youngest has been learning to ride a bicycle. Wow, how time flies. Bryson was proclaiming loudly, "Dad!! DAAAAD! I taught Maddy how to ride a bike...come and see!" And he took us to where she was riding the bike with the training wheels. She was learning how to pedal forward and not brake so much. Bryson was so proud. I didn't ruin the moment for him, I just smiled and took pictures. If I showed them all to you, you'd laugh so hard you'd fall off the chair you are sitting in. So I'll just show you the better one of the 10. Until next time...this is old fogey, signing out....
Oh wait. See what I mean? I'm getting so old that I forget about what I'm going to write about half of the time. I wanted to tell you I pulled the tree out before I put my shed up last weekend. The only tree I've ever planted in my back yard is no more. And I got $50 for it! Well here's the story... In talking about where to put the batting cage, we finally settled on the side of the house where the tree is. I never liked the fruit (plum) bearing tree as it kept making sticky messes on the lawn. So before putting up the shed, we tied a rope around it (Josh and I), and I yanked it out with my truck in 4 wheel drive. First I broke it off at the stump, then with digging and tying a rope around it we were able to pull the roots out. Then we called a number in the paper that is against fruit trees in homes and we got a $50 gift certificate towards any tree/shrub at a local
nursery. WOWZERS! So, now I gotta haul it down to the dump one of these days. Where's Tim allen when you need sound effects? :D Ok, old fogey, out!
No comments:
Post a Comment