Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Appendectomy


Lucas, who happens to be Sylvia my cousin and Freddy's son had an appendectomy done on Sunday. I don't know the details, but I know he's doing just fine. I spoke briefly to Sylvia yesterday and she said all was well. Lucas, we're praying for you. I know you are being courageous through this... hang in there. And never forget, I'm still your Royal Ranger commander.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ben: Thanks so much for your well wishes for Lucas' Recovery! God is so Good!! Woke up first thing this morning saying he was hungry!!! So that right there is a good sign!! LOL!! He is doing very well and actually wanted to go to school today! I didn't let him, i think he just wanted to go and show off his scar to the girls!! So, by reading your blog, i see that Martha had surgery, i had no idea. What did she have surgery for? How is she doing? I hope and pray all is going good with her. Again, thanks so much for your concern for Lucas. Oh and by the way, when were you his commander? I guess i have a bad memory in my old age!!! LOL!

Ben said...

I helped a few of the commanders for a while. I think Elias was his main commander when I was helping for a while. That and I was the older boys' commander and he was part of another group...nonetheless I see it this way, I still think of my former commanders as commanders --even though they don't serve in that capacity today and whether or not they were ever my direct commanders. For example, Nieves el de Mandina, Lolo, Adolfo, Arnie, Samuel, Tony Nuñez, Freddy Gomez, Luis Vela, Luis (Dina's husband), Americo Suarez, etc. There's so many... I'll also say this...make sure he moves around very slowly for at least 2 weeks. I started feeling ok after 3 or 4 days so I started going outside and shooting a basketball. I ended up stretching out my scar... It looks really bad. So tell him to be careful.