Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Happy New Year 2017!

I miss writing.  So I'm back to putting some thoughts down.  2016 was pretty rough.  Lots of rough spots for me, but it's over.  It's in the past.  And that's what we need to do with the past.  Leave it there.  Move forward and move on to better things.  I was unemployed for about 10 months starting in December of 2015.  I had some pretty trying times.  But that's over now.  I have a new job, and a new outlook on everything.  You definitely learn about yourself when you have trying times.  You find out what you are made of.  You find out who you really are and what you want and where you want to go. 
Benjamin, my oldest moved out and went to start college in California.  I moved to Issaquah to start my new job.  I now have to drive 12+ hours on weekends to see kids.  That's right, 12 hours.  It's a 6+ hour round trip to go to Pasco, pick them up and drive them to Issaquah.  Then the same trip to take them home and drop them off.  Unfortunately I cannot get their mom to cooperate with me and meet me halfway for pickup and drop off.  And not seeing them is not an option.  I love my kids.  They are growing too fast!  Brandon is halfway through his sophomore year and talking about going to college and has his permit to drive.  He's also taller than me, and Ben now.  He's nearing 5'10".  Bryson is in 7th grade and going through the thick of the teen thing.  He's still quite a character and can still always make me laugh.  Maddy is growing just as fast and just won't stay little.  She's in 6th grade and going on 16 even though she's only 12.  I'm blessed to be their dad.
It's been a cold, snowy winter and it's only January in the Tri-Cities and most of the northwest.  However, in Issaquah, it's mild and ... raining.  It always rains here.  But that's ok.  :-)  I love rain.  I also really love baseball and I'm getting a little anxious for some baseball.  I miss coaching.  I really miss being involved in the game in some way.  I'll have to figure something out.  Or maybe I can keep occupied by following the Mariners and my kids' games this spring and summer.  We'll see. 

No comments: