
I wanted to make sure to say happy birthday to Joel my brother in law and Luz my cousin. Guys, know that you are remembered, and I hope you both have some great birthdays. I hope we can continue to have an awesome relationship and some great times. Joel, I don't have a picture of you handy with me...but I had to include this one of Luz. Joel said it best when I called him earlier this week. "Ben, I've still got it!" He was explaining that he was out playing basketball with his nephew and wooped him pretty good. I think we get wiser as we get older bud. We tend to use this wisdom to trump inexperience. We just need to stay limber and in shape. That takes work and time that we usually don't have. But here's to being in shape bud! Luz, we've had some good times bro. Not just when we used to sleep together. Ok everyone, take your mind out of the gutter... I lived with my uncle's when I was a kid and Luz was the only boy so we shared a room. Man those were some good times. And that after I broke his head open with a rock. I don't think my aunt will ever forgive me for that. But hey, it wasn't my fault. It was entirely his idea to throw those big boulders in the first place. They were the size of a mini basketball. Then Luz gets this idea that he can run under the rocks after I throw them. He says, I'm so fast I can make it...just throw it Ben! So I threw the rock, and wham...it split his head open. Somehow I knew it was a bad idea...but I couldn't say no...he was having so much fun! But dood, no worries. I know you understand. Someday you'll be able to tell your mom that it was all your idea. For now, it's our secret! All that aside, I think we all can say with sincerity that the way we will always remember you is exactly as you are in this picture. Showing us that you went out and grabbed life and lived it. Right on! So...when are we going fishing guys? That's a sport we don't have to stay in shape for. Yeah!!! Happy Birthday fellas!
1 comment:
Hi Ben!!! Nice post there. Brought back so many memories!! I remember that rock incident like it was yesterday!! Wasn't it during his birthday party?? LOL Thats o.k....I remember when mom and dad left to Spokane for the day, and left us in charge (we lived in Mattawa), and we were all waving good-bye, standing on top of the sofa, looking out the window. Well guess what, JR, fell back and hit his head on the mesita....little did we know, that he needed stitches!! We found that out after mom & dad came home late that night. We felt like baaaaaaad sisters. But he knows how much he's loved!! He's the best :)
Post a Comment