Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Never miss an episode (or post)


A while back I was asked how I knew so much. My immediate response is always, I don't! We learn only as much as we are exposed to and experience. Most people get so involved in their daily routine that they don't leave any time for learning or news. Well, I have the super secret squirrel method of how I continue to learn... it's called RSS. That stands for Really Simple Syndication. For us normal people, it's the modern way to browse through all the news headlines. You know what I mean...You pick up a newspaper and glance at the pictures and headlines and look for the interesting stuff only. Or when you turn on the news on T.V. and you sit there and wait, and wait, and wait for the story you want to know about. Well an RSS reader allows you to instantly see new stories that get published to any number of news sites, or blogs, or podcasts, or even websites! It's a relatively unknown product. It now comes bundled in most of your web browsers. I use my once every 30 minutes at least! You should try it! I use a Mac and a Newsreader just became available for free. It's called NetNewsWire. That's what I use. Here is a link. After you set up your RSS reader, go to your favorite news, blog, or podcast website using your browser and click on the RSS feed icon. On this page it's on the left hand side at thte bottom of that column. Once you click on that your computer will know what to do with it. There, now you'll never miss a post! Only, I missed posting this yesterday! Woops! I'll have to double post today! I know some of you already know about RSS, but there's a lot of people who don't. Later!

No comments: