Saturday, November 15, 2008
Time just flies doesn't it?
Ok, I know some of you know what I mean when I say that time is just flying by. It seems like just yesterday I graduated from High School. Well, it's been almost 18 years since I graduated. Incredible. Today we took pics of Ernie and Gaby Zamorra and their baby Jordan. Very nice people. Ernie and I were discussing how time is flying because his ten year reunion is coming up. Well...can you imagine how that made ME feel? Ancient!! Then I went to Brandon and Benjamin's conferences this week. It was nice. But to be honest... it took me way back to my grade school days. I can't help but remember that I went to kindergarten in Scootney Springs and First grade at Hiawatha. Then we moved to Connell and I remember going to the big new school like as if it was yesterday. My teacher was Ms. Withrow. Then Mt. St. Helens blows it's top. Then third grade Ms. Walker. Best teacher I ever had. We did the money system. We earned money for our grades and extra help around the class. Man, I made bank. That is the first time I got motivated to score well on everything. Then in fourth grade, I had Mrs. Fuller. I still remember the play (I was a monkey) and the books she read (Where the Red Fern Grows and Summer of the Monkeys). Then in fifth grade, Mr. Hilmes. He was so strict. Old timer and a stickler for the rules. Then in sixth grade Mr. Hogaboam. What a wild ride. He was great. I learned how to finish quickly to challenge him at chess and cross word puzzles. Of course, I won't get into all the other things that happened in grade school. Man, do I remember stories. Things were so simple then. Then Olds Jr. High. Then Connell High School. Then Eastern Washington University. Anyhow... I just thought I'd post something...cause I know you missed me and because time is flying by soooo fast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ben, I know, i'm right there with you, time sure flies by, its going to be 10 years for me as well since i graduated high school, and i'm pretty sure for Abner and Marissa to. Life is too short, enjoy it. We just booked a trip to Cancun for next year, were not getting any younger so we decided to do it. Anyways i respect you as my elder, LOL
Ben, we had same teachers from 3rd grade on. I was a Goat in the Wackado Zoo Play. Man memories you made me feel old after reading that.
Take Care and God Bless
Josh Valdez
Post a Comment