
No not myspace, not Ben's space, but real space. On October 4, 1957 "...the first human-made object to orbit the Earth. Designed and launched by the Soviets in 1957, Sputnik sparked the space race between the Soviet Union and the United States." I think it's pretty cool. So today is the 50th anniversary of that launch. What does it have to do with me? A lot. The reason it was a big deal wasn't because of the Soviets or the US, or the space race. But the fact that it was a new frontier for human travel. The fact that something could leave the earth successfully. This is an accomplishment of Babelonian proportions. A collective "oooohhhh" could be heard around the world I'm sure. Then of course the next major milestone was a man walking on the moon. Man is continuing to grow in intelligence, and every time a frontier is surpassed it should affect you to the core. From the first time you held a cell phone to the first time you used the internet... every frontier is mind boggling. It makes being alive pretty interesting I think. So am I posting it here for celebrating a Soviet success? No, it's to celebrate humanity and our ultimate frontier. Heaven. Yep, pretty interesting eh? Imagine being able to step foot in that place of streets of Gold and walls of Jasper (Revelation 21:11-21). And it's as simple as believing in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, and asking Him into your heart. You can't earn that ticket with good deeds or accomplishments. And it won't cost you a single penny. And that my friends is greater than any other human accomplishment. Walking into Heaven and seeing God. I can only imagine.
No comments:
Post a Comment